Friday, September 01, 2006

I go through these phases, usually shortlived thankfully, that I feel like stopping the weight loss shennanigans completely. During these times I long to go back to the days "before", you know, before I started actually caring about my health and appearance. I look back fondly and distort things so that I was always happy with my looks, with my activities, with my life, etc. In reality, this is all bullshit, but it takes at least a day or so at times to snap out of this type of thinking. My latest rebellion, oddly enough, is not tracking, working out, etc-the normal things you would expect. I've gotten more and more irritated at the level of sodium I can safely ingest without waking up with swollen ankles and gut and general irritability. I stopped buying basically any "convenience food" out there because of the afore mentioned effects and quite frankly, having to prepare ALL MY OWN DAMN FOOD EVERY DAY gets really, really, old. But unless I want to look and feel like this:

going out to eat or eating frozen meals, salad dressings, most soups, salsa, spaghetti sauce, most asian foods...simply not an option.
Yoga tonight for the first time since my illness-I took The Boy for a walk yesterday and the puny 1.15 mile around through the neighborhood kicked my ass. Going back to square one always pisses me off. I'm grumpy, I think I need a nap.

No comments: