Friday, September 08, 2006

    I'm heating up a bowl of tex mex crock stew (recipe from free low carb menu on www.savingdinner.com ), I'll add a dollop of daisy lite and some jalapeno cheddar goldfish. I get the crunchiness of crackers, a little spice, and the taste of cheese without adding a ton of extra calories. I highly recommend the body clutter or low carb menus from Leanne Ely's website, especially if you are just sick and tired of thinking of what to eat, she even makes out a shopping list. I am digging it and will probably subscribe soon. If the nutritional info doesn't fit in with what you want to do you can always tweak it a bit. We weight loss people are good at that anyway, right? Crock pot recipes are such a lifesaver as long as they are made diet friendly, and I've actually come across quite a few and made up a lot on my own. And now a bit about water: I drink 8-10 glasses a day and I have found a few things that help me achieve this.
    1. I fill up a pitcher full from the cold filtered water out of my fridge and as long as I drink that, maybe add a bit more, than I know I'm good on the amount.
    2. Ice cold water is harder for me drink a ton of, partially because of my sensitive teeth, so room temp water is much better for my purposes.
    3. I add lemon or lime juice and it goes down before I know it.
No workout yesterday unless extreme frustration and angst burns calories. It was a school day and chemistry was driving me apeshit. I did stay perfectly within points an am doing well again today. I'm taking this one day at a time and am feeling good.
Today I tried to do yoga but then felt guilty that I was not playing with my son and I just don't have an hr while he's asleep due to plans with family this weekend. I did about ten minutes I'd say and then I did a full body workout with my resistance bands. I am already sore just sitting here. I'm so mistrustful of workouts that I don't dread, it's silly but I think it has to completely suck while I'm doing it in order to get results. The thing is, I had maxed out my dumbbells and then yoga and now this with the bands and just doing stationary resistance is working better. I think our perceptions hold us back, at least mine do.
Tonight: dinner at a fancy place in the Gaylord Texan hotel after shopping with MIL at Grapevine mills (huge place), so I should get some walking in as well. We have a courtyard room there and I'm looking forward to getting some laps in the pool in when I get up and then lazing around with assorted worthless magazines and getting a little sun. I'll wear sunscreen like a good girl, I'm not into hurting myself with cancer when I'm trying so hard to transform myself. I am on track and staying there this time, damnit.

No comments: