Monday, March 10, 2008

I did it. I effectively maintained over my birthday weekend while eating away from home three times and attending two major sporting events, usually death traps for weight loss. I'm up a few ounces but I will definitely take that, this is the first weekend in a long time that I haven't been up a good bit, bloated and fighting my way back down. On top of that a major excuse zone (birthday) and I am feeling pretty pleased.
In two weekends we go to Tulsa for Easter and that will be a major challenge. I would like to be 150 or lower by then but we will see if that happens. Either way I'm sticking with my workouts and good eating. Before we leave I'll make up a game plan and post that here, I know there are plenty of others out there that have to deal with well meaning (we hope) saboteurs to our healthy lifestyles. Drinking will be the main thing that will be hard to resist without rocking the boat. It's my choice and my body and my life though in the end.
Legs today with 30 min cardio-if I can't do it during the day I'll hit our garage "gym" as soon as my Husband gets home.

1 comment:

LME said...

Happy belated birthday!

Re drinking: since I quit, I've been amazed at people's reactions when I say that I don't drink. They look at me as if I've suddenly sprouted an additional head or something. And some people really do the whole aw' c'mon just one thing, too. What if I really were a recovering alcoholic instead of someone who could have been if she'd kept it up?

I'm tempted to start saying that I am just to get people to STFU about it.