Monday, October 02, 2006

My husband, son and I participated in our first 5k charity walk yesterday, a first for me and the kiddo at least. Hubby I believe has been in fun runs, etc. before but it had been years. Even though this wasn't really a race, and I only saw a few people jogging up front, it was one of the best feelings I have ever had to raise money for a cause, and then walk 3.6 miles in 95 degrees with a crazy heat index and humidity. Could I have done without the humidity/insane heat? Of course, I even got a bit sick from it, but it felt good to be part of a crowd of good hearted, determined people. This has inspired me to do more of the same, I need to look around and find something soonish. I feel like such an ass because I've had it in my head that I need to able to run before doing this type of event. Would it have felt absolutely amazing to run it? YES. However, me and running? not the best of friends, and I've been missing out on this concrete form of accomplishment, with built in reward of t-shirt and St@rbucks coupons.
I've been considering stopping. Stopping blogging, stopping my reading of other blogs, stopping even my efforts to be a better, healthier, and yes-HOTTER me. I just play at these thoughts though, I'm taking a bit of a relax at the moment but I know myself, and I know I'll be back on to this adventure and will be wanting a plan. When I go balls out again it will be BFL. Hubby says a good set of free weights, bench, maybe smith machine and an elliptical plus stair master are in our future, and with all that at my fingertips maybe I can finally stop fucking around, you know? Sooo, I'm back. Back to posting, reading, and striving to achieve greatness (or more of the same, since I am a badass and all.)

No comments: