Monday, February 05, 2007

When I feel bad my habits are complete rubbish. I realize I'm from Texas but rubbish is the perfect descriptor here. I thought I felt badly yesterday from the not so stellar performance the night before but halfway through the SuperBowl party at the same infamously influential friend's house I needed to go home, RIGHT THEN. Sore throat, sour stomach, major lethargy, felt like I was sinking. I did eat like crap at the party, but not nearly as badly as I might have in the past. Luckily this mystery illness causes my stomach to feel full immediately, with unfortunate distended bloating and other nasty unmentionables. Anyway, sick yet again, feel like crap, and everything is derailed for the moment, but I'm not diving head first into food my body doesn't actually want, so that's a start right?

Kada, thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!
LME, this particular friend doesn't understand that some people don't actually want to drink constantly and does actually act strangely towards me when I refuse. However, I do refuse when I am not feeling it and she can just deal with it if it bothers her. It has affected us though and I don't hang out with her nearly as much as I did when WE both drank a lot with her and her husband. Thanks for the get well wishes, and I think I will actually ask her flat out next time why she is so terribly interested in what I drink.

2 comments:

i i eee said...

Sorry you're still not feeling well.

Kada said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. That most probably had something to do with the extra ingestion of calories too, last minute scramble to get something in before shutting down shop for awhile.

It's a bummer when you start to realise that you're growing apart from friends. Here's hoping you can grow together, but if not, you keep doing what you're doing and she'll either deal, or she won't.

I didn't realise how much drinking for me is a social thing, something to be shared and compared as we drink, until I moved here. Am slowly coming to realise it's okay to have a drink on my own if I really want one. It doens't make me a closet alcho!