Monday, October 01, 2007

My legs were sore all day in that nice, you know you worked them hard sort of way. We went for a walk tonight as a family, dog and all, and pushing a stroller with a 35 lb toddler up and down hills adds a nice level of activity. We all three got in the shower (in turns) when we got back and it felt nice to put my old ratty nightgown on and to sink on to the couch. It wasn't an extreme workout, but it was a pleasant time spent with my loved ones living an active person's life. That's what I'm doing, living an active person's life until I truly am that active person. I want to be that person that exercises daily forever and ever. Don't get me wrong, I am not a stranger to workouts but I want it to be a more consistent part of life viewed in a more healthy manner.
Food is doing fine on autopilot, I have to study now or I'd write more.

1 comment:

M@rla said...

I really want a life where activity is an inherent part of my life and not some special set-aside part of the day. I've been thinking that for a couple years, but I'm stumped as to what to do about it, as my means of making a living is sitting-intensive.

That's lovely you walked with your family--I'm really enjoying exercise more now that Bucko does it with me, it's our quality time together.

Good luck with your studying, but I know you don't need luck with your giant brain!